Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
I was cleaning out my freezer and found some frozen pumpkin puree from November. I roasted and prepped three pumpkins and then never ended up making pies.
As it’s April, I decided to try something different and make muffins. You can easily half the recipe to make one dozen, or make two so you have some to share. It’s a quick and easy recipe and they were delicious.
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 17 -20 Minutes
Servings 24 Muffins
4 organic, preferably pastured Eggs
2 cups Rapadura or Organic Sugar
2 cups Organic Pumpkin Puree, either fresh, frozen or canned
1-1/2 cup melted pastured, unsalted butter or coconut oil
3 cups organic flour – whole wheat, unbleached or a blend
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon Celtic or Sea Salt
12 ounces, Organic Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Mix together the first 4 ingredients.
3. When mixed well, add the dry ingredients.
4. Mix 1/2 the package of the Chocolate Chips into the batter.
5. Fill well-greased or lined muffin tins 2/3 full of batter. Then, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter. This spreads out your chips, instead of having it them at the bottom of the muffin. It looks pretty too.
6. Bake in 400° oven 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Read more, great Fight Back Friday posts here: http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-april-8th/
Read more, great Simple Lives Thursday posts here: http://gnowfglins.com/2011/04/06/simple-lives-thursday-38/
Read more, great Pennywise Platter Thursday posts here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2011/04/4017.html
Read more, great Real Food Wednesday posts here: http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2011/04/real-food-wednesday-4611.html
Read more, great Monday Mania posts here: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2011/04/monday-mania-442011/
Read more, great Sweets for a Saturday posts here: http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-12.html